WANTED: NEW HONORARY TREASURER
VOLUNTEER YOUR SKILLS AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO
THE LIVES OF SOME OF THE POOREST PEOPLE IN MADAGASCAR
Our much valued treasurer is retiring soon leaving this role open for a new volunteer. This is a part-time commitment requiring a background in accounting / finance and hopefully an interest in the charity / international development sector. The charity office is in Lancaster, but this role can be undertaken remotely from any part of the UK.
We can offer the opportunity:
- to make a real difference to the lives of children families and communities in Madagascar
- to use previous knowledge and skills in supporting a very worthwhile cause overseas
- to become part of a team of committed and experienced trustees and staff members
- to gain knowledge of a beautiful but vulnerable island
- to meet resident and visiting Malagasy friends and colleagues
A role description is available on request.
For more information please contact: The Chair of the Trustees or the Director at: [email protected]
If possible, please send expressions of interest, together with a description of previous financial experience by the 13th March 2017.
Not a treasurer, but still interested in helping Madagascar? Please read below for other opportunities to volunteer with Money for Madagascar.
Use your skills to make a difference!
Would YOU like to offer your skills and time to improve the lives and prospects of people in Madagascar, whilst helping to protect their unique environment?
If the answer is yes, then we would love to hear from you!
Whatever your skills, if you have interest and enthusiasm, your time can be put to good use!
Volunteering for MfM will give you the opportunity to gain experience and new skills, whilst providing you with the knowledge that your work is really making a difference to people’s lives.
Whether you want to work occasionally, from the comfort of your own home or to join our team in the Lancaster office as an intern, we can find a role that will suit your interests and availability!
In addition, if you are hoping to travel to Madagascar and would like to volunteer with one of our partners, we could offer advice and suggestions!
We currently have opportunities in the following areas:
- Website Management and Support - URGENT
- Social media development (Visit our new Twitter page: @MFMadagascar)
- Running or assisting with craft stalls and fundraising events for MfM
- Writing pieces for our blog (http://moneyformadagascar.blogspot.co.uk/)
- Translation (French or Malagasy to English)
- Video Clip Editing (Ideally with an understanding of the French Language)
- Database (Support with developing and using our CRM)
- General Admin (For example data entry, filing etc...)
We look forward to hearing from you!
P.S: If you have an interest which is not on our list please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we will see what we can do.
For more information:
Contact us via email: [email protected] or phone us on 07956147316