In support of ‘Education for Life’
Thank you to everyone who donated! The appeal is now closed and we surpassed our target.
Support MfM’s Christmas Appeal to build a route out of poverty for hundreds of children in rural Madagascar.
Donations to MfM’s Big Give Appeal go 4x further!
MfM’s integrated Education for Life Programme transforms the quality of education in isolated school communities. By investing in students, parents and teachers the resilience of the whole community is strengthened – bringing long-term benefits to jobs, health nutrition and management of natural resources.
Gifts via the Christmas Challenge this year will go 4 times further, because they will be matched first on the Big Give site by our Pledgers and the Coles Medlock Foundation , and then they will be doubled again offline by a Foundation that is committed to support MfM’s Education for Life Programme
Prospects for children in Madagascar are tough. 1 in 10 children does not survive to celebrate their 10th birthday.40% of children do not complete primary school education. Children are often too hungry or sick to study. Many parents can’t afford to send their children to school. Teachers are desperate to receive training and basic teaching resources to improve the quality of their classes. Many schools have no water and inadequate classrooms!
Your donation to our integrated Education for Life Programme will help tackle ALL these barriers to education, so that children and their families can break out of poverty and build resilient lives
What will a donation via the Big Give achieve?
- £10 could be worth £40 which could provide equipment for a school canteen
- £1000 would be £4000 which could provide 4 School Resource Libraries
- £100 could be £400 which could cover the annual cost of teacher training in one school
Is my donation doubled or quadrupled?
- All donations (up to our target of £60,000) made on the live BigGive Website from 12h on the 28th Nov – 12h on the 5th of Dec will be doubled on the site.
- If you add Gift Aid this will also be doubled on the Big Give site.
- Your receipt on the Big Give website will tell you that your donation has been doubled on their site.
- After the Appeal closes, when MfM received the funds from the Big Give, we have another Charitable Foundation lined up to double our Big Give Appeal. So if we mange to reach our target of £60,000 on the Big Give site, then this will be doubled offline to make a grant total of £120,000, in support of MfM’s Education for Life programme
What if I can’t donate on the Big Give website?
If you can’t donate online via the Big Give website, don’t worry! You can still join in this appeal. Feel free to send donations your usual way, such as by bank transfer, by cheque or through the MfM donation page. Please note donations made direct to MfM, will not benefit from the doubling on the Big Give site, but they will still be doubled by our Foundation supporter.
How else can I help unlock all the pledges to reach the target?
Please share this exciting opportunity to quadruple the pleasure of giving, by asking your friends and family to join this amazing opportunity.
Together we can help FOUR TIMES as many children to receive quality education and build resilient lives!